Please find details of our current vacancies below.
Click on the links to download more information about our available positions and how to apply.
Community Facilitator – Relief - permanent part time, variable hours
SkillWise is a dynamic and vibrant community organisation passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Based in the central city, no two days are ever the same as we work alongside adults with learning disabilities supporting them to fully live the life they want. Collaborating with tāngata whaikaha, their families and whānau, we assist in creating a life where people are valued as full participating citizens through work, education and having fun!
About the role:
Working as part of the wider SkillWise team, Community Facilitator – Relief will facilitate, support and deliver recreation, work and education opportunities for people with an intellectual disability both in the wider community and/or at our premises. This includes group support and individual community-based support. Work is rostered weekly and can include a mix of regular support and covering for staff who are away - hours are negotiated between the employee and SkillWise. The role works in close collaboration with the Community Facilitators providing group support, community support and the Employment Support Coordinators.
We are looking for people who are energetic, enthusiastic and a committed team player. Key skills and attributes for the role:
- A commitment to making a positive difference
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to network with a wide range of people
- Good facilitation skills
- Previous experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and mental health issues in a community environment would be helpful, although not essential
- Excellent computer skills – a laptop/cell phone are provided. We use Microsoft Teams + our own information management database
- A clean driver’s licence and have access to a reliable car (mileage reimbursed)
- We welcome applicants with lived experience of disability.
Pay rate is determined by MSD Pay Equity schedule and is currently $22.70 and $28.25 per hour dependent on relevant health & wellbeing qualification. We have regular supervision and EAP available. Training opportunities are frequent.
A clear police vet is required for this role.
Download the job description here. Complete the application form and email this, along with a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com We invite applications at any time.